Krista Tippett, host
The science-religion “debate” is an abstraction, and a distraction. It isn’t true to the deep nature of science, or of religion, or to the history of interplay between them. These are convictions I’m left with after a cumulative conversation that began a decade ago…
"Speaking of Faith", the American Public Media radio program, has a blog…on Tumblr…and it’s quite good. I highly recommend it.
The linked post treats a topic that is very relevant and dear to me and, as such, I often have trouble navigating it. Ms. Tippett gets my hearty applause when she says:
It seems clearer and clearer to me that, in the 21st century, genius in the art of living must draw on the best insights of both science and religion, not as argued but as lived.
The whole argument is worthwhile and I hope you’ll take the opportunity to read it.
46 Notes/ Hide
- fokakier21 reblogged this from beingblog
- farmakeio21 reblogged this from beingblog
- dirpros92 reblogged this from beingblog
- lemongrasska likes this
- handsomebirthma reblogged this from beingblog
- oopsidoo reblogged this from beingblog
- crashinglybeautiful likes this
- touba likes this
- parkstepp reblogged this from sharanam
- parkstepp likes this
- sharanam reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- beingblog posted this